Sky Garden is a UK based online reseller that provides essential services in the Luxury Garden and Outdoor Spaces. When we make products and service available for sale through the Site, we do so as an authorised reseller on behalf of our Supplier and or Manufacturer.
- Aggregated Data: Data that is consolidated and presented in a summarized manner, not by individual.
- Anonymous Information: Information that has undergone anonymization such that it can no longer be used to identify an individual and cannot be combined with other information to re-identify an individual.
- Data Controller: The natural person or legal entity which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purpose for which data is used and the means of the processing of Personal Data.
- De-identified Data: Data where certain identifiers are removed to prevent a person’s identity from being directly connected with the information (such as masking certain personal identifiers).
- Personal Data: Any information relating to or regarding an identified or identifiable natural person or information that can be used to identify you (or your household), either alone or in combination with other information available to us.
- Special Categories of Data: Categories of Personal Data that require a heightened level of protection under data protection legislation in some jurisdictions because it reveals or concerns sensitive information, such as health matters, race, or ethnic origin.
- Standard Contractual Clauses (if ay when applicable): Any set of contractual clauses, approved by the European Commission and / or UK, for the transfer of personal data to processors established in a third country (outside of the EU/EEA) where that third country does not ensure an adequate level of protection.
- Supervisory Authority: Supervisory Authority (or its equivalent under any data protection legislation) is the independent public authority to whom data subjects may lodge a complaint.
Information We Collect
When you place an order from or otherwise use the Site, we collect the following types of information:
Information You Manually Provide
Special Categories of Data
We do not collect or process Special Categories of Data. However, if a situation like such arises where we may require to collect and process such data, we will be sure to comply with applicable data protection legislation and apply the necessary legal basis for processing data.
Information from Your Browser or Device
We may also receive information from your web browser. This may include information that does not identify you personally (such as the date and time of your visit). The information we receive depends on the settings on your web browser. Unless prohibited by law, creating a user identity during a visit to the Site constitutes your consent for processing of your Personal Data, and we may link the information your browser provides to information that identifies you personally, as described below. Please consult your browser’s help function to find out how to change the settings. We may also collect limited Personal Data (email address) through web technologies in connection with your use of the Site, as described below.
When you use a smart phone, mobile device or computer to access the Site, we may collect information about your physical location. We may combine this information with other location-based information (e.g., your IP address and billing/postal code), to provide you with other services on your mobile device. We only share your location information with third parties that help us provide you with services. You can opt out of sharing this information by changing the permissions in your mobile device.
Cookies and Other Similar Technologies
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. Although you are not required to accept cookies, you may be unable to use all of the Site’s functions if your browser rejects our cookies.
Third Party Cookies and Other Similar Technologies
Web technologies may also be placed on the Site by third party providers. Also, we or third party providers may use web technologies on behalf of the Supplier whose branding appears on the Site or its service providers. This means our Supplier would be allowed to use the data collected. This information is used to enhance your experience with the Site, for marketing analysis, for targeted and display advertising, and for quality improvement. We may collect your IP address through web technologies.
We and our Suppliers may use third party service providers in connection with the Site. These and other service providers may collect information about your visits to websites, your interaction with websites, and the products and services offered by us or our Suppliers. Their collection and use of information are subject to their own privacy policies.
For more information regarding these third party services and how to opt out, please visit https://www.youronlinechoices.com/ (for EU & UK).
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secret||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.|
|_shopify_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
Information from Third Parties
We may also receive certain information about you from third parties, such as through your use of a social network authentication to sign in to the Site, your use of an authenticated payment method, or through other online data sources, according to the rules of the use and processing of such information established by the respective source. If any Personal Data are freely available or accessible in the public domain, we will not have any obligations to you regarding the same.
Our Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
In certain jurisdictions, the processing of your Personal Data is lawful only if it is permitted under data protection legislation. We apply several legal bases to ensure that our processing and use of your data is compliant with applicable laws and that we have a legal basis for processing activities as outlined below:
- Performance of a Contract.
By completing a transaction through this Site, you are entering into a contract for the sale of products or services, which is governed by our Terms and Conditions. We must process your personal information to fulfil our obligations under that contract.
- Legitimate Interest.
We may process Personal Data where processing is necessary for our (or a third party’s) legitimate interests, where those interests are not overridden by the interests or rights and freedoms of the data subject. We will process your data based on legitimate interest, for reasons such as fraud screening, payment optimisation, and compliance with any applicable regulatory scheme governing the transaction. We may process your Personal Data to market to and contact you or to start a conversation using data collected from public sources. We may also, in compliance with applicable law, process your data based on legitimate interest.
- Other Legal Basis.
We may also process your data based on another legal basis such as in cases where processing is necessary to comply with legal obligations.
How We Use Your Information
When you visit the Site to complete a transaction, we will use your Personal Data in the following manner:
In Connection with Your Transaction
When you visit the Site to complete a transaction, we must process your data to complete the transaction and to comply with our transactional obligations, including processing necessary to:
- ensure security and monitor and prevent fraud;
- process your order and payment, verify your tax status, contest chargebacks, or send you transactional notifications;
- provide you with a personalised shopping experience;
- register your purchase with the manufacturer or service provider for warranty, technical support or similar purposes;
- provide notice of your purchase of a service right to the provider of that service;
- where you have consented, establish an account for future purchases; and
- provide you with an effective experience and support. As allowable by law, this may include contacting you if you start a checkout process to follow-up on the incomplete session or to see if there was a problem with your use of the Site.
- We use Woocommerce to power our online store.
Marketing and Related Communications
When you provide Personal Data, we may offer you a choice as to whether you would like to receive further marketing and related communications from us or our Supplier. Where you have consented to receive them in accordance with applicable law, these communications could be in the form of direct mail, email or telephone and will contain information relating to our or our Supplier’s products and services. At any time, you may opt out of receiving these communications by emailing us at email@example.com
Except where otherwise required by law, if you give us consent to add your contact information to our Supplier’s mailing list and later withdraw this permission, you must contact our Supplier (or follow the unsubscribe instructions in the emails from our Supplier) to have your name removed from our Supplier’s mailing lists.
Our Use of Anonymous Information
We may use a process called anonymisation to make data collected by us Anonymous Information. In this case, all personal data elements, such as name, street address, phone number, email address, and others will be anonymised in accordance with applicable law. We may use the Anonymous Information to:
- personalise and support your use of the Site and/or the services of our Supplier;
improve the Site, the customer experience, our advertising systems, and our products
- identify transactions as originating through an affiliate marketing or referral program;
- deliver targeted advertisements on the Site and other commerce solutions;
- provide reporting to our current and prospective Suppliers and service providers; and
conduct other historical or statistical research and analysis.
We may also use De-identified Data for the same purposes as described in this section, as well as for related purposes, as allowed by applicable law.
Other Ways We Use Your Personal Data
We may also use your Personal Data:
- to verify compliance with applicable laws;
- to verify that data we have about you is accurate;
- as identified in any supplemental privacy notice posted on the Site;
- to contact you if you have requested communication from us; and
How We Share Your Information
Sky Garden will never sell your Personal Data. However, we may share your Personal Data as explained in this section.
We utilise other companies, service providers, and other processors to provide certain services to us (or on our behalf), based on our instructions, and in compliance with appropriate confidentiality and security measures. These service providers provide services globally, including:
- hosting or maintaining the Site;
- performing data integrity checks;
- providing optimisation services;
- processing credit card payments;
- collecting payments;
- fulfilling your order;
- delivering advertisements on the Site and third party websites;
- sending mail or email;
- providing customer service.
We will not share your Personal Data with our service providers unless it is required for the purposes of our legitimate interests or for fulfilling our obligations to you. These service providers may be contractually required to use any information we share with them only to provide services to us or on our behalf and to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Data. We may also allow these companies to use Anonymous Information for their business purposes. We will not share your Personal Data with our affiliates or unrelated third parties to use for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
To Comply with Legal Requirements and Prevent Fraud and other Crime
As permitted by applicable law, we may disclose Personal Data about you when we believe disclosure is appropriate to:
- comply with a legal requirement;
- cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations or report any activities that may be in violation of legal or regulatory requirements;
- protect the legal rights or safety of Sky Garden, our employees, Suppliers, third parties, the general public, or you.
How We Protect Your Information
We will process your Personal Data on secure servers. Your commerce transaction will be optimally processed in or near the region from which you initiated your session. A copy and/or back-up of your Personal Data may be stored and otherwise processed in our cloud service providers.
No method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure, however, we take reasonable steps to provide a level of security appropriate to the sensitivity of the information we collect. We have implemented physical, technical, and administrative security practices and safeguards reasonably designed to protect your Personal Data from unauthorised access and disclosure. When we collect or transmit sensitive information such as a financial account number, we use industry standard methods to protect that information as required by applicable laws. Although we use reasonable measures to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet or stored in our databases. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your information against unauthorised disclosure or misuse, for example, by protecting your password and signing off when you finish using a shared computer or mobile device. We leverage industry best practices to mitigate potential compromises. If the Personal Data under the custody of Sky Garden is (or is likely to be) divulged, damaged or lost, we will immediately take remedial measures, inform you, if impacted, in a timely manner and report to the competent government agencies as required by applicable laws.
In connection with a Sale, Merger or Related Event
Sky Garden’s services are not directed at nor targeted towards children. If you have not reached the age of majority or are not able to enter into legally binding agreements in your country, you may not use the Site unless necessary parental consent has been obtained. If you believe that we have received information from a person protected under child protection laws where necessary parental consent was not obtained, please notify us immediately, and we will take reasonable steps to securely remove such information.
Your Rights to Access and Control Your Personal Data
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use, and share your Personal Data.
- Accessing Your Data. If you would like to review, correct, restrict the processing of, object to direct marketing, or request erasure of your Personal Data, please send us a request on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Editing and Deleting Data. if there is any error in the Personal Data that you have submitted to us or if you would like to request erasure or deletion of your Personal Data, please contact us on email@example.com and we will take appropriate measures
- Objecting to Data Use. You have the right to object to our processing of Personal Data for direct marketing purposes. We do not sell your Personal data, nor will we use it for Direct Marketing purposes without your consent. If you contact us, we may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. We reserve the right to limit or deny your request if you have failed to provide enough information to verify your identity or to satisfy our legal and business requirements as noted in our data retention policy. When we delete your Personal Data or Special Categories of Data, it will be disposed of in a manner that prevents loss, theft, misuse, or unauthorised access in line with our data retention policy. You have the right to report to your local Supervisory Authority if you believe your rights under data protection legislation have not been appropriately considered. However, before doing so, please contact us directly as we are committed to working with you to help resolve any concerns about your privacy.
Data Retention Policy
Sky Garden may retain your Personal Data and transactional data for as long as you continue to use the Site, and thereafter as permitted or required by applicable law or to satisfy our business requirements.
All Personal Data collected by visiting the Site is controlled by Sky Garden as identified during the transaction, Sky Garden is the Data Controller for any Personal Data provided or collected during the transaction.
Sky Garden does not use automated processing in connection with your purchase transaction. Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
As required under certain data protection laws, we have appointed a grievance officer. Sky Garden’s grievance officer is: Emma Lloyd (Operations Head)
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Flamingo Short Lets LTD, Suite 6 Salts Farm East, Guildford TN31 7PA, United Kingdom
Last updated: [29th June 2022]
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or our supervisory authority here: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/